Help us decide: Capture the Colour 2013 — Yellow

Many thanks to so many of you who left comments on Facebook or our blog as you voted for your favorite blue picture for our entry into the Capture the Colour 2013 Photo Challenge.  (If you would like to take a look at our blue photos and vote, click here.)

To fill you in on what we’re doing:

We were nominated for the Capture the Colour 2013 challenge sponsored by TravelSupermarket.com by Terri and James Vance of Gallivance.  (To see their entry, click here.)  Each day we will post three photos, one for each of the five colors required by the challenge (blue, yellow, green, red, and white) and ask that you vote for your favorite.  Then, at the end of the week, we’ll select the top five for submission.  Thanks, in advance, for reading and commenting. We appreciate you!

Here are our three entries for YELLOW today:

1. Sunflowers in the Cooler

Sunflowers in the Cooler

At Billy Heroman’s flower shop in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, you can walk right into the cooler and select a bouquet to your liking.  We loved the fresh colors in this assemblage of yellow sunflowers, but before we said Wrap ’em up, we snapped this picture of nature’s sunniest offerings for the day.

2. The Boudhanath Stupa

Boudhanath Stupa

At Boudhanath in Kathmandu, Nepal, the eyes of Buddha stare down at you from this ancient Stupa, one of the largest in the world and situated on what was once a major trade route between Nepal and Tibet.  This picture (taken from a second floor office of a medical practitioner who prescribed a concoction of herbs to relieve a fellow traveler’s sinus problems!!) features one of four sets of eyes facing north, south, east, and west on a golden yellow face.

3. Sunrise at Pawleys

Sunrise at Pawleys

Taken from the widow’s walk atop our beach rental in Pawleys Island, South Carolina, this photo reveals the warm yellow rays of morning sun against the silhouettes of other rooftops around us. What a great way to start a morning . . . facing the Atlantic!

Please vote for your favorite YELLOW picture by commenting or posting on Facebook.  Your vote is oh, so helpful!

Thanks,

Rusha and Bert Sams

P. S. To see yesterday’s BLUE entries, click here.

This entry was posted in Photography, Travel and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Help us decide: Capture the Colour 2013 — Yellow

1. Pingback: Help us decide: Capture the Colour 2013 — RED | Oh, the Places We See . . .

2. Sharon Frankenberg says:

I vote for the yellow sunflowers.

3. Pingback: Help us decide: Capture the Colour 2013 — Green | Oh, the Places We See . . .

4. Jane Savas says:

The contrast of the yellow petals and brown centers is striking. The one at the front looks like a big brown eye with yellow lashes. Love it!

5. Trisha Clark says:

I love them all, again!! #2 is my pick for the many sudtle shades of yellow.

6. Gale says:

The black-eye Susans………….so bright and cheery!

7. Meredith says:

I love all of them, but I think I’m going with the photo from Nepal – #2. Now that I have seen the yellow photos, I wonder if having a theme also counts for something with the judges in which case I would change my vote from #2 to #1 (the Nepalese girl) in the blue category. Just a thought… Last year’s winner seemed to use images from the same general locale (I think India)

8. Pingback: Help us decide: Capture the Colour 2013 — White | Oh, the Places We See . . .

9. Valentina says:

I choose the sunflowers for the sun energy.

10. oh my…we are suppose to pick a favorite? They are all gorgeous! Well if I have to….I pick…Sunrise at Pawleys! I have read a few books based in this town…a little partial now to there.

11. Lovely images! I’m definitely drawn to the sunrise, #3

12. Another fine set of pix Rusha. All really good, but the Gallivance vote goes to the Kathmandu shot. The judges probably won’t admit it, but I think they’ll be looking for exotic, and this photo certainly is. Also, thanks for the plug and link. BTW, did the herbs work for the sinus problems? ~James

Actually, the herbs did work for the sinus problem. I, too, sat down with him and brought back a “prescription” which was filled at the counter right beside him!!! But I have never gotten the gumption to try the little pebble-like balls I brought back to the states. Fun to pass around to friends as a memento! Thanks for the vote. I loved that stupa! Walked all the way around!

13. Georgia says:

You’ve made it really difficult again! I love love love the sunflowers! But I get the feeling the judges are looking for something a bit different so I’m going to vote for number 2.

14. Marilyn Leibenguth says:

Again I like all of them but the sunflowers are my kind of yellow; my favorite color!

15. sethsnap says:

Sunflowers all the way. But I love sunflowers so perhaps I am biased.

16. Beautiful yellows! I choose the sunflowers for #1. 🙂