- Follow Oh, the Places We See . . . on WordPress.com
Search here for topics.
Postcards from England
We Saw Utah!
My Recent Posts
- Take me to the Cotswolds: WPC — Wanderlust
- Immerse yourself in history (but not the water) at Roman Baths of Bath, England.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Earth — as seen at Capitol Reef
- Three Places to See in Bath, England — besides the Roman Baths!
- The Bard’s Beginnings: Shakespeare’s Birthplace, Stratford-upon-Avon
WordPress Weekly Photo Challenges
Photo Challenges: Travel Theme
Category Archives: Alabama
Perhaps one of the most fascinating sites to see in America is one that may not be well known: Ave Maria Grotto in Cullman, Alabama. But with over 125 miniature buildings and shrines built with the infinite patience and creativity of one … Continue reading
Whether you say crawfish or crayfish. And whether you “suck dem heads” or not. It didn’t matter. A big ol’ Thank You from Turner Industries in Decatur, Alabama, was mighty welcome if’n you grew up in The South. Or if’n … Continue reading
Good stuff doesn’t just pour in at South Carolina’s State Farmers Market in Columbia. It ‘s hauled in — in boxes, crates, cartons, baskets, truck beds, trailers — well, you name it. Just about anything that can contain ‘maters, melons, … Continue reading
You go there for the veggies, right? Plump, pretty, newly picked produce. And it’s bountiful in Morgan County, Alabama. But so are the friendly farmers who do themselves proud with colorful pickin’s and Southern pride to boot! It was one … Continue reading