- Follow Oh, the Places We See . . . on WordPress.com
Search here for topics.
Postcards from England
We Saw Utah!
My Recent Posts
- Take me to the Cotswolds: WPC — Wanderlust
- Immerse yourself in history (but not the water) at Roman Baths of Bath, England.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Earth — as seen at Capitol Reef
- Three Places to See in Bath, England — besides the Roman Baths!
- The Bard’s Beginnings: Shakespeare’s Birthplace, Stratford-upon-Avon
WordPress Weekly Photo Challenges
Photo Challenges: Travel Theme
Category Archives: Oregon
Have you ever built yourself up to see something in the tour guides or on the map, and then you get there only to find it’s closed? Or under repair? Or something? Well, sometimes a splendid day of vacation can turn gray … Continue reading
Gearhart, Oregon, is one of those sweet little seaside towns you can’t get enough of: gray shingled houses, climbing roses over picket fences, small cafe filled with the smells of homemade bread, and a long walk through tall grasses that … Continue reading
As anyone knows, there are lots more than 20 great places to see in Northwest Oregon, but when you only have one week in paradise, you have to pick and choose. Our trip began in Portland on the Fourth of … Continue reading
One of the most dramatic vistas we saw occurred at Chanticleer Point on Oregon’s Historic Highway 30. The vantage point frames where land meets water beautifully even though the haze of hot summer days clouded the view a bit. If you … Continue reading
One sign posted on a highway in Hood River, Oregon, let us know we weren’t in Tennessee anymore. Representing a place for windsurfing, the sign symbolizes fun for many who love wind-and-water sports of all kinds, especially a sport new … Continue reading