From the blog of P. A. Moed comes this week’s challenge — photos whose subjects begin with the letter S.
- Above: SUNSET in South Africa on the grounds of Thornybush.
2. STORKS at Volubilis
We went to the ancient ruins of Volubilis to learn more about civilization there, but found that we couldn’t take our eyes off a stork’s nest. Our reward for patience? The view of a mother and babies.
3. SAILS on the Eastern Shore
On a day when the wind is perfect, the sail just needs to open, and the world is full of beauty.Rumi
4. SUNSPHERE in Knoxville, Tennessee
At 75 feet tall, this glass sphere constructed for the 1982 World’s Fair remains a landmark for our hometown.
5. SCREEN DOOR — Elkmont Historic District, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Homes built in Elkmont in the early 1900s are still standing and in need of repair. But, oh, the memories of good times and the families who longed to return each summer.
6. First sign of SPRING — our own little White Star White Magnolia tree in the backyard
Flowers don’t worry how they’re going to bloom. They just open up and turn toward the light and that makes them beautiful.
To see more “S” photos, head to Patti’s blog and take a look at the entries listed. The words scrumptious, scintillating, and somethin’ else come to mind!
Rusha & Bert