Weekly Photo Challenge: Silence in a Garden

A quiet garden path dappled in morning light invites guests to climb and explore.

Although much of the U. S. (especially in the South) is blanketed with snow this week, many of us are dreaming of gardens lush and lovely.  Last spring, in Knoxville, one homeowner opened his garden during the Dogwood Arts Festival garden tour.  It was a chance for those of us who love flora and fauna to stroll quiet pathways and imagine ourselves indulging in nature’s beauty as we paused for a few moments of silence.

Beautiful spring garden in Knoxville, Tennessee offers a silent respite.

Beautiful spring garden in Knoxville, Tennessee offers a silent respite.

A weathered garden bench invites visitors to sit a spell and enjoy the quiet.

A weathered garden bench invites visitors to sit a spell and enjoy the quiet.

More photos reflecting a sense of calm can be seen here: Weekly Photo Challenge: Silence.

This entry was posted in Photography, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Silence in a Garden

1. Ali says:

I love a lichen-encrusted bench!

2. Woolly Muses says:

Love the last photo. I seem to be always seeking a spot to rest these days 🙂

• Thanks so much for taking a look. That’s my favorite photo as well. But my experience is this: Even with a hammock and a bench in my backyard, I rarely took the time that I should have taken to relax! It’s just hard to do that at home!

3. Pingback: WPC: Silence | Lillie-Put

4. Very beautiful images. Peaceful…

5. Sue says:

What a beautiful place!

A beautiful garden to enjoy the tranquility! 🙂

7. Martha Gill says:

How lovely! I need that greenery (and the order of a beautifully composed garden) today.

• I wish I could remember the names of the owners of this garden. They live in North Knoxville, I think. And I’d love to see the sweet little brick and stone home on the acreage. A river even runs through it!!!

8. Pingback: Silence – Hills – What's (in) the picture?

9. Ruth says:

What a lovely garden. So peaceful.

• It was a very peaceful garden even with throngs of people visiting it the day we were there. For some reason, people are generally quite respectful of these lovely gardens, and there’s a hush in all areas. I love this part of our Dogwood Arts Festival. Thanks for visiting.

10. A calm place to sit and ponder or even meditate, Rusha. –Curt