Weekly Photo Challenge: Resilient

What could be better than a day at the beach under a blue umbrella?

Grateful for resilient beaches where we can face the ocean once again under a blue umbrella.

For me, going to the beach restores my soul.  Even a quick view of the ocean renews my faith in life and living.  The resiliency of sand and shore is something I rely upon.  For me, it’s always been there.  And always will be.  Even if sands shift a bit here and there.

Birds move in and out with the waves along the shore at Sea Pines on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.

Gray days don’t discourage shore birds — their resilience keeps them moving up and back with the tides.

Nature really is resilient.  Even after gray periods, birds scatter along the shore . . .

The resilience of birds as they follow along, hoping for the catch of the day!

The resilience of birds as they follow along, hoping for the catch of the day!

or follow boats in the water, hoping the catch of the day will be theirs once more.

Walking the path to water's edge at Hilton Head, SC.

The path I follow daily at Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.

Paths can only invite.  We must decide which ones to follow.

So, no matter what path you choose, may you find happiness and the resilience to endure whatever life casts in your direction.

Best wishes for a productive, happy, healthy new year! — Rusha Sams

For more entries in the WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge: Resilient, click here.

This entry was posted in Travel, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Resilient

1. twobrownfeet says:

There’s something magical about nature. Couldn’t agree more. 🙂 When I’m restless or need to clear my mind, I love going to beach or these days — the mountains. You couldn’t have said it better. Wishing you a New Year filled with wonderful travels, scenic walks, and many new doors to unlock. Loved the other post with shiny doors too. 🙂
    Cheryl

• Cheryl, thanks so much for your comment. We are headed back to Hilton Head in a few weeks — just to relax, walk the beach, and think about what’s next. We wish you happy travels as well. It’s a passion for us, and we look forward to each and every journey.

2. Jane Lurie says:

Lived near Charleston for many years and this looks a lot like the beach we were on.

3. Oh, I’m sitting here looking out my window at snow and your first picture is a beautiful beach. Beautiful pictures! Blessings and best wishes for a very Happy New Year! 😀

4. Ruth says:

Looking forward to following you in 2017! Happy New Year to you.

5. Vandy Leake says:

I love the Ocean like you and especially enjoy your definitions and explanations!! Wonderful!!

Agree wholeheartedly on the resilience and importance of the ocean in our lives. I too would be in withdrawal without it. Happy New Year to you!

• If I remember correctly, you’re near the ocean, so you probably draw much inspiration from it. Because I get to SC only a couple of times a year, it’s a dream come true each time. I thrive on those “cleansing walks” when I can think of what’s next in my life! Best wishes for a great 2017.

7. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Resilient | Musings of a Random Mind

8. What a lovely piece. The beach or shoreline has been a consistency in my life too and I would probably have withdrawal symptoms if I lived too far away from a coast. I wrote an earlier post about life by the beach:

Happy New Year from Australia,
    Genevieve

9. Perfect entry to the challenge. The waves crashing over the sand is almost like a washing and healing process. 🙂

10. tappjeanne says:

I have a special fondness of photos and paintings of paths and love this one. The symbolism of the journey never escapes me when seeing paths. Thanks for sharing this one!

11. Beautiful photos!
    Love the shore birds…..
    Peta

12. Gale Pettit says:

Beautiful…

On Dec 30, 2016 7:54 PM, “Oh, the Places We See . . .” wrote:

> Oh, the Places We See posted: ” For me, going to the beach restores my > soul. Even a quick view of the ocean renews my faith in life and living. > The resiliency of sand and shore is something I rely upon. For me, it’s > always been there. And always will be. Even if sands shift a b” >

13. Thanks so much, Cindy. Here’s hoping 2017 is another great year for you!