Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette

Staging a silhouette takes patience and good background lighting.  But sometimes a silhouette appears unexpectedly.  Like when we toured the Taj at sundown, right before closing time.

Taj Mahal, sundown

We snapped a photo of the long lines waiting to snake around and up and around again on the plaza level, despairing as we noted the time remaining for our visit and how long it would take for a view from above.  Then we made the inevitable decision based upon a statement we say frequently:  Oh, well.  Can’t do it all.  And, camera in hand, we snapped away at those fortunate enough to view the setting sun from one of the world’s most famous structures.  The result for us down below?  A couple of unexpected silhouettes and great memories of an oh-too-short-but-fabulous-anyway visit.

Silhouette of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal at sundown

People at sundown, Taj Mahal, India

Silhouette at sunset, Taj Mahal, India

For more entries into the WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette, click here.

This entry was posted in India, Photography, Travel, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette

1. Jessie says:

What a good attitude and I love the last picture!

Thanks so much for reading! The last picture is one of my faves from the trip — all those people loving their view of the Taj — and we got to see both — the people and the famous place.

2. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette | Points South

3. Sue Slaght says:

Not only is this an excellent photo but I love the story behind it. Isn’t that the way when traveling we just have to make some decisions about how much we can do.

Unfortunately, it is the way — never enough time to see all there is to see. I feel the same way about restaurants. Even if you did eat three great meals a day, you just can’t get around to all the recommended eateries! Thanks for reading! Happy travels — no matter what you get to see.

4. pointssouth says:

Stunning photos! So cool to see how the change in light transformed the scene

Thanks so much. I wish I had had my newer camera, but at the time I only had an iPhone. Still, the composition trumps the sunset color — and I loved the experience. Thanks for taking a look.

5. Rusha, these silhouettes are beautiful. And I love your attitude, “Oh, well. Can’t do it all.” We say the same thing, along with “We see what we see!” 🙂 ~Terri

Thanks for reading, as always! We’ve found that when we are on an organized tour, we have time frames that don’t always work into the amount of time we would like to spend somewhere. But when we are on our own, we also don’t get to see it all. I like your saying, too: “We see what we see!”

6. suej says:

Very good, Rusha

7. Sharon says:

Beautiful photos, Rusha. I think these may be some of my favorites.