Weekly Photo Challenge: Zigzag

It wasn’t what I would call intentional.  Looking for zigzags, that is.  But nature has a way of showing off in an exquisite setting like Rocky Mountain National Park, offering magnificent examples for the WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge: Zigzag.

At the Alpine Visitor Centerzigzag fencing outside the front door directs your eyes to the vista ahead . . .

Jack Fence: Alpine Visitor Ctr

where the zigzag of mountains hovers above layers of land below.

Rocky Mountain National Park vista

Tourists like us zigged and zagged along the winding highway.  Slowly, of course.  We didn’t want to miss a photo op left or right or front or back.

Winding road, Rocky Mtn. Nat. Park

And then when we spied a line of cars parked alongside the road. We, too, pulled over for a closer look.  Sure enough, those ahead had spotted the prize we were seeking:  elk grazing at eventide backed by a zigzag of mountain color.

Elk at eventide: Rocky Mtn. National Park

For more information on Rocky Mountain National Park, click here.

For more entries into the Weekly Photo Challenge: Zigzag, click here.

This entry was posted in Colorado, Photography, Travel, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Zigzag

1. LaVagabonde says:

Awesome photos. The one with the road reminds me of Transylvania.

Fabulous selections for the zigzag, Rusha! I love all them. Breathtaking scenes!

Thanks for taking a look at my zigzag pictures. I would have responded to you earlier, but I’ve fallen into the trap of reading all my comments but not clicking on them immediately to respond. You are one of my best faithful followers, so thanks for always being there. It’s a pleasure always to hear from you!!!

3. N. Netto says:

That was last week’s challenge! Still pretty cool! Nice photo! hehe

While I stayed in Colorado on a ranch with no cell or Internet service, I got behind. Hope you don’t mind. Had to share some of these gorgeous photos somehow!!! Thanks for taking a look.

• N. Netto says:

It’s always nice to see cool pictures! I am a bit pedantic, please don’t mind me! hehehehehe! This week’s is texture… soooo much to post!