Travel theme: Blossom

Sometimes, photographic opportunities are as close as our own backyard! For this week’s Travel theme: Blossom from Ailsa who writes Where’s My Backpack, we’re sharing some of the white blossoms we’ve enjoyed this spring — by traveling right here at home!

Blooming behind the screened porch, early April: White Star White Magnolia

budding white star white magnolia

White Star Star Magnolia - full bloom

From the tree in the side yard, mid April: White Dogwoods

Single white dogwood

Two white dogwoods

And climbing up our mailbox in May: White Clematis

Small white clematis

Blooming white clematis

So, travel to Knoxville, Tennessee, for great whites.  And to see more blossoms bustin’ out all over, click here.

Travel theme: Blossom.

This entry was posted in Gardens, Photography, Travel Theme and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Travel theme: Blossom

1. Pingback: Blossoms in Nagarkot Nepal | rfljenksy – Practicing Simplicity

2. FreeRangeCow says:

I love your backyard extravaganza! My maternal grandmother used to plant Snap Dragon’s (don’t know their real name) and I remember wandering her yard, picking them and holding puppet shows throughout my childhood! I need to plant some…thanks for the delightful trip!

3. Well done, these are two spring flowers that each have such charm to woo us. The magnolia is an especially luscious flower.

4. Love these, Rusha! We don’t have magnolias (or very many dogwoods) where I’m from, in Eastern Oregon, near Boise Idaho, but since we’ve moved to Boston, they’ve become mainstays. I love your take on them as white blossoms, but as I’ve experience them (granted, not very much), they have much more color – largely pink. My mother used to have a clematis growing on a chain-link fence outside her front door. Hers were purple, but your photo captured them perfectly Such a pretty, ignored, flower!

Thanks so much for sharing what you remember about flowers. I’m hoping to build an appreciation for all types with my granddaughter. The magnolia are just starting to bloom and fill the air with fragrance. Can’t wait to smell them the rest of May. I’ll be in Pullman, ID and thereabouts this week. Any tips on what to see? We’re staying on a farm, but might like to try a boat trip through Hell’s Canyon.

5. These are absolutely gorgeous shots

What a beautiful white blossom gallery, Rusha! I love these selections. Wonderful macro images!

Thanks! Would you believe I didn’t even know what the word macro meant until I started reading other people’s blogs and looking at their photos? I love moving the camera in close now.

• Amy says:

I, too, have learned many photo terms from bloggers 🙂 These are beautiful shots. Happy Sunday, Rusha!

7. Your yard must be beautiful all spring! I’ll trade some tulips for your wonderful dogwood and clematis. 🙂

I have a small yard actually, but I’ve tried to fill it with the flowers I love. Hope someone posts a challenge entitled Hydrangeas ’cause I’ll have a bunch in a couple of weeks!

8. sueslaght says:

What an amazing yard you must have! Beautiful.

9. Rajiv says:

Beautiful shots…

Thanks, Cindy. I love grouping flower photos by color, so this challenge allowed me the opportunity to do just that. Would love to have your photo-snapping talents, but I’m enjoying just getting closer to the flowers and seeing droplets, bugs, imperfections, etc. What fun a hobby can be, right?

10. Gale says:

There is nothing prettier than a white flower…..

I love them! In fact, one of my friends has a moon garden — all white flowers that almost glow when the moon’s light shines on them. Thanks for taking a look!