Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie

It just so happens that we were traveling to McCall, Idaho, this week to see the resort so many people had recommended as a not-to-be-missed destination.  (And it was just as charming and scenic as everyone said!)  So, when the WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie was released while we there, I immediately thought of this picture.

Casting a long shadow on frozen Payette Lake, McCall, Idaho

Casting a long shadow on frozen Payette Lake, McCall, Idaho

Although we’ve traveled quite a bit, neither one of us has ever stood on a frozen lake!! When we checked into Hotel McCall, the desk clerk said we might want to take a stroll on Payette Lake — frozen solid and covered with snow — before dark. So here we are casting long shadows on the 4-inch layer of fluffy snow atop a very frozen lake!  (You can see where we scraped some of the snow off just to make sure!!)

Although the picture below is not a “selfie” exactly, here I am acting like a kid doing something for the first time while my husband captures it with his iPhone!  It looks a bit like two men are standing atop my right arm, but who cares?  The picture makes me smile and remember this gorgeous scene — snow glistening atop a frozen lake with us smack dab in the middle of it!

First time ever -- standing on a frozen lake!!!

First time ever — standing on a frozen lake!!!

For more entries into the Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie, click here!

For more on our travels through the Inland Northwest, be sure to check out the Page called Inland Northwest at the top of this blog.

This entry was posted in Idaho, Travel. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie

1. Pingback: obscurity [a series of hipster selfies] | Ramisa the Authoress

2. FreeRangeCow says:

This is SUCH a clever one! LOVE it!

3. Valentina says:

Going to cold places with snow has never been in my mind, but you look happy on the frozen lake.

4. When we lived in Indiana, my husband would go out ice fishing. I would be scared to death, that the ice would break and suck him in. LOL! He would drill holes to fish and I always thought it was amazing how it wouldn’t start a chain reaction of the ice cracking. I love your pic.

Thanks. I have to admit, I was skeptical. That’s why we scraped a bit of snow away to see how thick the ice was. We just don’t get that much freezing weather in Tennessee to be able to walk on lakes & ponds!

5. mithriluna says:

Great selfies. Beautiful lake.
    My husband and I honeymooned in New Hampshire in the beginning of January several years ago. He told me to stand out on the lake so he could take a picture of me. I walked out there and stood there only long enough for him to take a couple pictures. I was so scared but I did it. 🙂

6. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | A Mixed Bag

7. K.Z. says:

i’ve never stood on a frozen lake either. wonderful selfies 🙂

8. Definitely a selfie-style shot! (And a shadow selfie?)

Amazing to be able to walk on water!

9. mhdriver says:

Nice fun photo from Idaho.

10. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Khana's Web

11. Pingback: WPC – Selfie | Words 'n Pics...

12. Gale says:

Walking on water is fun, I did that last year in Wisconsin. Just a little bit scary. Great picture. Glad you are having fun.

13. Pingback: Irish Selfie | Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis & Me

14. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge – Selfie – |

15. Looks like fun, Rusha.

janet

I like your happy smile, Rusha!

17. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie (A Happy One) | What's (in) the picture?

18. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | The Wandering Poet