Habit is the word for the WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge this week, and I’m reminded of a habit my husband and I both have: We have cups of coffee (Yep, more than one!) and read the paper every morning, at least when we’re home! But even if we’re away, we ALWAYS have coffee. It’s a habit I’ve come to enjoy more for the warmth even than for the taste!
Our habit has also spawned another habit, but we’re not as consistent with this one as the morning must-have hot liquid. The other habit is buying coffee mugs in some of our travel locations. We do this more sparingly, of course, since we’d have to build on another kitchen to hold all the mugs; nevertheless, the ones we have remind us favorite spots.
- Mama’s Fish House in Maui
- Blue Dog Cafe in Lafayette, Louisiana (where you can see the blue dogs paintings by George Rodrigue)
- Square Books in Oxford, Missippi
- Mast Farm Inn in Valle Crucis, North Carolina
- A random gift shop in Russia
- Wort Hotel in Jackson Hole, Wyoming
During our travels outside the U. S., we’ve made it a habit to look for Starbucks selling signature mugs of the city or country we’re visiting like these from Amsterdam, China, Paris, and Russia!
Sometimes a habit becomes a lot more than just something you do each morning, I guess.
This post is #12 for National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo) 2013.