Weekly Photo Challenge: The Hue of You

Some decorators say there should be a touch of black in every room, and in my house there is.  But one other color is also there:  RED.  I’ve always been drawn to the color, perhaps because as a young girl, I read that those born under the astrological sign of Aries are drawn to red.  (Funny what you hold on to, right?)

So, RED is one of my go-to colors in scarves, shoes, accessories for the home, flowers in my flowerbeds, etc.  It’s just me.  And on my recent visit to Washington and Idaho, we picked the juiciest, crispest red apples right from the trees!  Wouldn’t you know I’d be drawn to this luscious basket of ripe RED apples as the Hue of Me!

IMG_1199

For more entries in the WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge: The Hue of You, click here.

Apples are from Kelley’s Canyon Orchard, 1903 River Road, Filer, ID 83328.

This entry was posted in Farmers Market, Food, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: The Hue of You

That is a beautiful basket of apples!

2. Rusha, that is one lovely basket of apples. If some marketer said “I need a photo of a beautiful basket of apples.” this would be the photo. Bring on autumn! ~James

3. FreeRangeCow says:

I made apple dumplings (with warmed vanilla sauce) yesterday for dessert. I have an extra in the fridge…wish I could shove it through the computer monitor for you as a reward for this excellent photo!

With you all the way on RED, just cannot wear it. A curse on the color gods!!!

Thanks for taking a look! Red is one of the few colors that actually look good on me, so I wear it. It’s all about what makes you feel as if you look your best, I suppose!

5. Pingback: Shades of Color | Processing the life

6. Sherry Galey says:

Red suits you! And apples are a great subject.

7. Nice shot, Rusha. Yummy too 😉

8. Pingback: Photo Project “52 Bolivian Sundays” [week 42, 'a Hue of Color, from Tarija'] | 3rdculturechildren

9. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: The Hue in You (Canal aka Ripples) | What's (in) the picture?

10. cathy dunn says:

Pretty AND delicious, appealing on every level