- Follow Oh, the Places We See . . . on WordPress.com
Search here for topics.
Postcards from England
We Saw Utah!
My Recent Posts
- Take me to the Cotswolds: WPC — Wanderlust
- Immerse yourself in history (but not the water) at Roman Baths of Bath, England.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Earth — as seen at Capitol Reef
- Three Places to See in Bath, England — besides the Roman Baths!
- The Bard’s Beginnings: Shakespeare’s Birthplace, Stratford-upon-Avon
WordPress Weekly Photo Challenges
Photo Challenges: Travel Theme
Tag Archives: Georgia
Our Coasting series continues with a short one-day trip to Jekyll Island, one of four barrier islands in Georgia. Although Jekyll can boast of lovely marshes, moss-draped live oaks, and quiet beaches, it was the historically lavish lifestyle of the … Continue reading
Known as one of America’s most beautiful churches, Christ Church offers a serene place of worship on St. Simons Island, Georgia. Surrounded by trees draped with delicate Spanish moss, Christ Church, an active Episcopalian congregation, is a tribute to the … Continue reading
Although leaving Tybee Island, the subject of our previous post, was a downer, our second island hop on the Georgia and Florida coastal town tour landed us on one of the four barrier islands in the Golden Isles — St. … Continue reading
So, here we are. Big Orange Fans. Delighted that the University of Tennessee Vols made it to the TaxSlayer Bowl on January 2nd, 2015, in Jacksonville, Florida and beat the Iowa Hawkeyes 45 to 28. Go Vols! But in our usual … Continue reading
Even a trip Down South can be a bit chilly if you’re traveling in December. And so it was this week in Tybee Island, Georgia — drizzly rain, brisk winds, gray skies. It was hard to find a little warmth unless … Continue reading