Wishing you all the best in 2016!

Looking ahead to all the places we can see in 2016!

Looking ahead to all the places we can see in 2016!

It’s been a great year for us, albeit a quieter one in terms of travel.  But any year with good health, connections with family and friends, and a few getaways is a good year for us.  At the top of our travel list were short, local trips with our granddaughter to new-to-her places right here in Knoxville.

We appreciate your continued support of our blog.  Thanks for reading, commenting, and sharing what you’ve seen with us.  The interaction means a lot.

Plans for 2016?  More international travel, we hope.  We’re  intrigued by photos of Angkor Wat, Cambodia, so that’s on the list.  And then there’s Alaska — a state we wanted to see last year, but just didn’t.  The National Park Service Centennial makes us think we need to stay in the states — and fill those blank squares remaining in our Passport to the National Parks book.  But wherever we go and whatever we see, we’ll be sharing with you, our readers.

Favorite quote we ran across this past year while looking at cards in a shop:

“The world is not going to come to you.

The sooner you realize this, the more time you’ll have to pack.”

Leigh Standley

May the new year bring you good health and the drive to accomplish any goal you set.

Happy 2016!

— Bert and Rusha

No mater where you choose to go, go boldly!

No mater where you choose to go, go boldly!

This entry was posted in Travel and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Wishing you all the best in 2016!

Such a wonderful photo, her smile is just so precious! Happy travel, Rusha! 🙂

2. Beautiful images, Rusha. Love the quote. I must remember it. Happy New Year 🙂

3. tappjeanne says:

Love the quote! I’m packing before planning the next trip!

4. Great quote and images…

5. Love the quote. Alaska is on our list as well but just haven’t been able to arrange the time. Good luck, I will be watching for your advise on what to see.

Love the quote!! Have been to both Angkor Wat and Alaska. They couldn’t possibly be more different . I’d choose,AW but just by a hair😊. Happy new year and sFe travels wherever you go!

• I love that quote, too, and even have my bags ready for whenever the urge to travel comes knocking! Thanks for the recommendation. We may only be able to take one big trip this year, but either location would be exciting. Best wishes to you and yours for a great new year. Can’t wait to see more photos and quotes from you!

7. Pit says:

Thanks ever so much, am happy 2016 to you, too,
    Pit

8. Touring NH says:

I’ve been working on my National Parks Passport too. and my lighthouse passport. No matter where you travel, enjoy 2016.

• That passport thing is so much fun! I must admit, however, that I’ve left mine at home more often than I care to admit!! But the rangers stamp little pieces of paper for me, so I have all these taped papers all in my passport. Oh, well. It’s only a contest for me! Love lighthouses, too! Wish I’d thought to get a lighthouse passbook a long time ago!) Happy New Year!

9. Alaska! Peggy and I are heading there at the end of February to watch the start of the Iditarod and then the international ice carving contest in Fairbanks. We will be taking the train form Anchorage to Fairbanks. It should prove to be quite the adventure. I’ve enjoyed your blogs very much this year about Knoxville and the surrounding region. I look forward to traveling along with you this year. Happy New Year. –Curt

• Curt, your faithful responses mean the world to me. Thanks for taking time not only to write original content on your blog, but also to respond to others. So glad you’re going to Alaska for the Iditarod. Take pics. I may never get to see that in person. And I’m really excited that you’re headed back to Burning Man because I know we’ll see even more great art and creative people on your site. Best wishes for continued good health, great travels, and a peaceful existence with the deer in Oregon!

• Thanks so much, Rusha. I’ve certainly enjoyed your blogs and traveling along with you and Bert. I look forward to continuing to. I read your plans for the coming year. 🙂

I once ran the American Lung Association for Alaska, so I’ve seen the Iditarod a few times, but it will be a first for Peggy. I had a friend who participated in one. And I recruited the first woman to ever win, Libby Riddles, as my Christmas Seal Chair. She was special. There will be lots of Burning Man photos coming up over the next two months. (grin) –Curt

10. Looking forward to your travels in the New Year!

11. Jodi says:

What a great quote!

12. stefannygnw says:

Happy new year from Bali!

13. cindy knoke says:

Happiest New Year to you and your loved ones!