Weekly Photo Challenge: Scale

Pike Place Fish Market

Just look at the fish — scales and all — at Pike Place Fish Market, Seattle!

Want scale?  Look no further than Pike Place Fish Market in Seattle! Scaly fish.  Scales to weigh fish.  Or scales in your hand if you let the guys toss one “atcha”!

Friendly fishmonger -- Pike Place Fish Market, Seattle

Fishy hugs? No problem. Bring ’em on!

And on a scale from 1 to 10, I’d rate this hug from this always-smilin’ fishmonger a 10 plus!

For more entries in the WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge: Scale, click here.

This entry was posted in Washington, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Scale

1. Pingback: Isaiah’s Scale: Plowshare to Crop | My Own Champion

2. lulu says:

Scales and all….I like that!

3. Pingback: “Scale” Photo Challenge | The Bohemian Rock Star's "Untitled Project"

4. La chica que vino a la vida says:

Lol…I love it!

5. Lola Jane says:

Agree with other comments here, what a terrific and clever take on the challenge!
    You have to have a big personality to work there 🙂 Great souvenir photo, as long as your husband did not mind haha, oh wait, he probably took the photo…

• You are so right, Lola. My husband took the picture. The man was fun to be around, and it was a pleasure to meet him and others. I does take a big personality to work there, I suppose. And the ones they hire do a fantastic job!!! Thanks for commenting.

6. Lynda says:

Great photos! Timely since you were just talking about this on my fish market post! 😊

7. yprior1 says:

love your take on scale – with the fish < – ha! and hug – and so on a scale of A to F – your post gets a big A of rice job.

8. suej says:

Great take on this challenge! 😀

9. Clever! Thinking outside the box!

10. cindy knoke says:

Such a famous market and I Have never been! Thank you for the peeks~

11. We live I. The Vancouver area and Seattle is a great weekend trip. Can’t wait to camp in the area this summer. Any campground recommendations?

12. Love your take on this challenge, Rusha. 🙂 You know this is one of my favorite places to wander and people watch!

13. seeker says:

Funny, I was thinking of fish scales and weighing scales.

Great take on! Love your smile. 🙂

15. I use to live in Portland, Oregon for 17 years and loved going to Seattle to shop. Miss it!! Love your photos!! 🙂

• Thanks so much, Kathleen! Portland has been on our bucket list for years, so we’ve got to get busy and find a way to get there. We would love a return trip to Seattle — so much to see and do. Also love the bookstore there — can’t remember name, but remember the quaintness. Thanks for reading.

16. Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge-Scale | WoollyMuses

17. Clever. And Pikes Place is always fun. –Curt

18. What a nifty interpretation! I’ve seen them throw the fish (but not for many years.)

janet

19. luminouszest says:

awww you two look very cute!:)