Some of the sunniest things that happen in the blogosphere is that you get to meet creative, interesting people. Like Anne who writes Tales Along the Way. Anne has been living in India for six months and now writes about her experiences. But look for a variety of posts on other topics, too, on her blog. I’ve enjoyed reading her posts, especially since we visited Nepal and India only one year ago. Her greeting/closing of Namaste brings back so many fond memories.
Anne has nominated our blog for the Summer Sun Award, and to thank her, we’ll follow her lead by answering questions and nominating others.
You can visit Anne at http://talesalongtheway.com.
1. Display the Summer Sun Award medallion and link back to the blog from the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions.
3. Nominate a further lucky eight recipients (one for each ray of sun).
Questions and My Answers:
1. Favorite song with summer in the title or lyrics: Summer in the City by The Lovin’ Spoonful
2. Favorite summer book: (of all my summer reads) The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy and (this summer) Remarkable Creatures by Tracy Chevalier
3. Favorite summer film: (of all time) Jaws and (this summer) Mud
4. Favorite summer memory: Our son’s wedding on the beach at Pawleys Island, South Carolina
5. Favorite summer destination: China — Viking River Cruise from Beijing to Shanghai
6. Books included in my suitcase: (on my Kindle) The Light Between Oceans: A Novel by M. L. Stedman, And the Mountains Echoed: A Novel by Khaled Hosseini, and The Boys in the Boat: Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics by Daniel James Brown
7. Next likely destination: Idaho (for business and pleasure) and France (to see more than just Paris!)
8. What hottie would I want to share the summer with: My husband, of course!
Congratulations to my eight nominees:
1. Clicky Chick Creates: http://clickychickcreates.com/
2. TNLOVESLIBRARIES: http://tnloveslibraries.wordpress.com
3. Peripatetic Eric: http://peripateticeric.wordpress.com/
4. thebestdressup: http://thebestdressup.com/
5. The World Is a Book: http://shareandconnect.wordpress.com/
6. Travels and Trifles: http://travelsandtrifles.wordpress.com/
7. Northwest Frame of Mind: http://nwframeofmind.com/
8. Gallivance: http://gallivance.net/
May the end of summer bring you great memories and a forward look to a beautiful fall!
Rusha and Bert Sams