When I first read of the National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo) challenge of writing one blog per day, I wasn’t sure I could keep up the pace. But I did, and I’m better for it.
The positives of writing every day outweigh the negatives, although I would be remiss if I didn’t admit to feeling a sense of dread at times as I sat down to write at the computer each day. But the outcomes have been quite interesting!
- The blog stats have more than doubled this month compared to those of other months.
- I’ve encountered many new blogs to which I now subscribe.
- The range of topics has encompassed places I’ve seen with Bert far and near! It’s safe to say that writing each day made us reach into Idaho, China, Tennessee and other places, too!
Just for the record, the posts receiving the most “views” were 1) Buttermilk Sky Pie Shop: New sweet shop in Bearden, 2) Jack Daniel Distillery: Quality processing right here in Tennessee, and 3) Tennessee Walking Horses: Elegance in motion. From those stats, we’ve realized that readers really want more from what we see close to home.
Thanks to all of you who have read, commented, and viewed. You are definitely appreciated, since you are what keeps us thinking about our travels and sharing our pictures. In case you missed any of the posts, here they are one more time.
9. Travel Theme: Connections (Building a Habitat House in Nepal)
12. Weekly Photo Challenge: Habit (Collecting mugs)
15. Weekly Photo Challenge: Layers (Pretty layer cake)
19. A Word a Week Challenge: Lines (UT Band)
Thanks for reading!
Rusha and Bert
26. A Word a Week Challenge: High (Bridge at Hoover Dam)