Travel theme: Close-up

Several things converged this week in the blogosphere.  First, Ailsa of Where’s My Backpack? posted her theme for this week — Travel theme: Close-up Then, while scrolling through the blogs I read, I spied enviable close-ups on All Kinds Of Everything and Northwest Frame of Mind where the shots were taken with an iPhone! So, as I was “traveling” in my neighborhood this morning for my usual 30-minute walk, I spotted some pretty flowers all dewy and everything. I whipped out my iPhone and gave it a shot.  Although you may note that I still have a lot to learn about focusing with a camera phone, you have to admit, Mother Nature did her job quite well!

Purple Iris

Purple Iris

Knock-out roses: Pink

Knock-out roses: Pink

Knock-out roses:Yellow

Knock-out roses: Yellow

Knock-out roses: Red

Knock-out roses: Red

Clematis

A beautifully variegated clematis climbing up a neighbor’s mailbox.

For more photos for Travel theme: Close-up, click here.

About Rusha Sams

Rusha lives in Knoxville but hunts for great finds anywhere her travels take her!
This entry was posted in Travel Theme and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Travel theme: Close-up

1. These are so beautiful, Rusha! I absolutely don’t see anything amiss in these iPhone pics! I’m still just pointing and shooting with mine but I’d like to learn a lot more. I do know there are apps out there you can buy to practically turn your phone into a DSLR. I guess I’m just not ready for the big time yet! :lol:

Thanks! I’m going to keep working with my iPhone. It’s always handy, and I think I can get even better with it with practice. Appreciate the kudos!

2. LuAnn says:

Very well done Rusha! I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I have never used my iPhone to take photos yet. :)

Thanks for the compliment! Ya gotta try that phone! It takes good pictures, and it’s almost always handy. I’m just not as good with close-ups, but I’m going to practice some this summer.

3. Jo says:

Lovely! I can’t seem to get much out of my phone camera…

4. jillscene says:

These are beautiful! They encourage me to try to get the best out of my iPhone camera! My favourite is the pink rose – iI had one just like it for a long time in my garden: New Dawn. It only flowered once each year but oh, what a show it put on!

Thanks so much! I have a lot to learn, but I’m enjoying the posts by other bloggers and looking at their pictures. I, too, am a fan of these knock-out roses — they pretty effortless, and I don’t have the patience it takes for “real” roses! Thanks for following my blog. It’s great to have you aboard!

5. Gale says:

You did a beautiful and those flowers are also beautiful!

They were such a surprise this morning. The dew glistened in the morning sun. As you can imagine, I didn’t get my heart rate up much, nor did I walk for 30 minutes. Too busy smelling the roses, I guess!

6. suzjones says:

Flowers are always my favourites to photograph. These are gorgeous.

Thanks for the comment. I’m thinking I love taking pics of flowers, too! Someone in the blogosphere shared a calendar she had made with 12 pics of flowers. I’m thinking of collecting my photos and looking at them again in December.

• suzjones says:

That sounds like a wonderful idea for a Christmas gift. I think I might make calendars for my family this year also :)

Love these colorful spring flowers! Great photos, Rusha! The purple iris is gorgeous!

All the purple irises are gorgeous in that planting area, but they are fading rapidly. Glad I caught a few of the “whole” ones. Thanks for reading and looking!