Weekly Photo Challenge: Letters

Woman carrying Knoxville sign.

Woman carrying a metal Knoxville sign that she purchased from Coldstream Market, an upstairs shop specializing in what I call vintage and industrial antiques.

This week’s WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge: Letters coincided with one of Knoxville’s Dogwoods Arts Festival events — the Market Square Art Fair 2014.  Not only did we see fine pottery, woodenware, photography, and blown glass art objects, we also spotted quite a few letters both in the square and the shops surrounding it.

Books cut into letter shapes stood in alphabetical order at Bliss on Market Square.
Books cut into letter shapes

Scrabble letters graced these coffee mugs at Bliss — complete with number values.

Scrabble mugs at Bliss

Letter tags were only 50 cents apiece at Coldstream Market on Market Square.

Letter tags from Coldstream Mkt, Knoxville

And one sign at Bliss dictated what we should all do.   Come to think of it , that would’t be so bad on a hot day, now would it?

Sign at Bliss, Market Square, Knoxville

For more letters, go to Weekly Photo Challenge: Letters.  Or just Go Jump in the Lake!

This entry was posted in Festivals, Weekly Photo Challenge and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Weekly Photo Challenge: Letters

Wow, you found some wonderful letters Rusha! Excellent post!!

Thanks so much! It was pretty easy since I knew the challenge before going downtown, and then there were letters everywhere! Thanks for taking a look!

2. imexcited says:

Perfect entry! You went to the right place at the right time. Love the last letters ‘go jump in the lake’ :)

3. Fabulous letters! I’m so glad you popped over and said hi! Somehow I missed your letter and glow posts – these are the letters I have for you… G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S :) Love your images and I’d love to go to Bliss – great finds!!!

4. LuAnn says:

These were perfect for the challenge Rusha! :)

Thanks! It was fun walking around our square that day looking for letters — and it didn’t take long to find them. That was a good challenge!

5. Rusha Sams says:

Thanks! I had fun looking for letters, and it wasn’t hard. I guess a lot of people like decorating with letters — or at least these shops seem to think so. There were many choices! Thanks for reading!

6. Mabel Kwong says:

So many letters everywhere. The photo of letters on cups struck me as interesting. I’ve seen a number of cups like that being sold in Australia. Seems to be the in-thing now. It’s almost winter here where I live in Melbourne, so I don’t think I would want to jump into a lake right now :)

Please don’t jump into a lake where you are. In fact, ours are too cold here, too. But people with lake houses are no doubt opening them for the season and shopping for new things to decorate with. Thanks so much for reading/commenting.

7. seeker says:

I want to be in Bliss! Good one.

8. Love your choices, Rusha! :)

They are fun, aren’t they? I guess I like looking at the Weekly Photo Challenge on Friday and then finding something to go with it on Saturday! May do this again. Thanks, as always, for your comments.

9. suzjones says:

Great take on the challenge. :)

Thanks for reading. The letters just kept popping up in downtown Knoxville. It’s kinda like when I was pregnant — I noticed all these pregnant women and what they were wearing more so than ever!!!

• suzjones says:

It’s all about changing our perceptions and perspectives. When we have a shift in our focus, we notice it around us.
        I know exactly what you mean though.